After some discussion it was decided that I need to find what it is exactly that I am going to include in my animation and really finalize the main aspects of the story line rather than keep on coming up with multiple scenarios. So here is what I'd like the main outline of the story to be:
- The animation is taking place 30 years after the launch of the expedition which started in early 2000. This means that I can use a current and past theme for the spacecraft as well as incorporating elements of new technology that has been created over the 30 year period.
- The design of the spacecraft will be a completely new design and not copy any real spacecraft but will incorporate certain aspects of real life spacecraft to make it look as though it could have been part of an actual space program.
- In the animation, the further the camera moves through the ship the more claustrophobic the spacecraft will become .i.e. less/smaller windows, darker colours and reduced lighting
- The tape player will consist of multiple messages that have been sent up by the daughter of the occupant of the spacecraft over the 30 year period. This will show how the daughter has changed over the 30 years through her age and also her growing concern about how far away her dad is and how their relationship is deteriorating.
- If possible I'd like to incorporate part or all of a quote by Jon Krakauer, either through one of the tape messages or mad scribbles on the walls of the ship. The quote reads:
"Nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”
I thought this could help show the reason to why the occupant of the ship went on this expedition and and how they want to keep on travelling and exploring even if it leads to insanity or death. I don't know if there would be any copyright issues with this but I would like to incorporate some of it if possible.