Saturday, 27 February 2016
I've gone back through each section and added in the miscellaneous objects and also altered some of the textures, modelling and lighting. I still need to get some family photos and also create some varied textures for the computer screens. The emitters I've created also need a bit of work.
Thursday, 25 February 2016
Monday, 22 February 2016
I have now added some mad ramblings and scribbles on the walls of the final section of the ship. I've also been editing the lighting in some areas. My next step is to add some emitters for steam coming out of broken pipes and sparks from split wires.
Tuesday, 16 February 2016
I've made a few random objects that I can dot around the space station to make the environment feel a bit more lived-in. I need to gather some different photos as well, such as family photos and occasions to show the occupant had been thinking about being back home.
Monday, 15 February 2016
I decided to take a break from Maya tonight and work on the graphic side of my project. Here is the title of my project 'Espial' and a quick poster design. The red letter 'I' in the title is supposed to represent a tally mark which relates to the tally of days spent in space and away from home the occupant of the ship has scribbled on the walls. The smiley face is the same smiley face used on the puppets the occupant has made in the ship.
Friday, 12 February 2016
I've still got a few more textures yet to paint and also need to add some mad scribbles and ramblings on some of the walls. I've also made a start on testing out some creepy lighting for the final section of the ship.
Wednesday, 10 February 2016
This is my progress so far for the third and final section of the ship. The modelling needs a bit more refining and some of the geometry hasn't been properly UV mapped yet.
Friday, 5 February 2016
This is just a quick update on my progress for the second section of the station. At the moment I'm still painting a few more remaining textures and have just applied some temporary ones in order to see what areas need refining and what needs more detail. I think the area that needs most work in this section is the shown in the last image of this post. I also need to do a bit more modelling for this section and work on the lighting.
Wednesday, 3 February 2016
I have tried testing the mia roundcorners bump map to help some of my model seem less sharp and more complex. I think it's worked better in some areas than others but with some more time spent on finding the right settings it could really help the model.
This post includes the original recording of the voice over for my project and the edited version in which I tried to create an effect that made the audio sound like it was playing from a cassette. As the run time goes over the 4 minute mark I'm going to need to make around 30 seconds of cuts for me to be able to use this for my project.